Lambing Experiences at Humble Bee Farm in 2023
Humble Bee Farm’s Lambing Weekends 2023 have now been announced for weekends in March 2023.
Our farming year reaches a busy peak in early spring with the arrival of brand-new lambs for Farmer Percy.
Book your cosy cabin, luxury hot tub cabin or spacious lodge with hot tub or even a stunning cottage for a short break to enjoy this truly special time of year.
Make sure you book your Lambing Weekend Experience
Getting Ready for Lambing at Humble Bee Farm
Following the arrival of three rams in autumn 2022, our ewes expect their new arrivals from early March.
And YOU can enjoy the Lambing Experience every weekend in March by booking your glamping accommodation for a two-night stay (or longer) and joining Farmer Percy in the lambing shed.
The 2023 Dates for Lambing Experience Weekends are:
All dates are Fridays and Saturday in March 2023, as follows:
3rd, 4th March
10th, 11th March
17th, 18th March
24th, 25th March
31st March, 1st April
Guests can check in from 3pm on Friday and pop over straight to the lambing shed to see how our family of sheep are getting on.
Then on Saturday, after Farmer Percy Club at 9am, he will be then heading over to the lambing area for 10am for the first demo of the day.
Then at 4pm, he will hold an update session for guests.
What Happens During Lambing Experience Weekends
Our flock will keep everyone on their toes during lambing time!
Join Farmer Percy in the Lambing Barn at 10am for a free Lambing Experience on the Saturday of your stay. Be inspired by this busy time of the farming year.
If all goes to plan, guests will be able to …
- Bottle-feed & hold a lamb
- Visit the maternity ward to see all our expectant ewes
- If you’re lucky, you could see a lambing being born
- Meet Farmer Percy and our two sheepdogs, Alfie and Madge
- Capture your memories by taking a photo with a lamb
- Follow our Sheep Trail around the farm to find a secret word
- Meet the rest of the farmyard gang including Tilly the Shetland Pony, Jessica and Daisy our donkeys, our alpacas, goats and guinea pigs
- The Lambing Barn is open 24/7 for guests to spend some quiet time with our flock but don’t miss Farmer Percy’s slot at 10am on the Saturday of your stay with us.
- We’ll also have the Hive Cafe Bar open at certain times selling barista coffee, cakes and bakes, light snacks, breakfasts and more.
This experience is FREE to attend if you book your holiday accommodation for the relevant dates subject to availability. Please arrive in time for the 10am start.
PLEASE NOTE: pregnant women are not advised to enter the lambing area. No dogs allowed in the lambing barn, thank you.
See Our Farmyard Gang!
We also have our fabulous Farmyard Gang to see and hear, including our friendly pigs, Tilly, our mischievous Shetland Pony, along with Daisy and Jessica, our retired donkeys, our alpacas, our goats e, our guinea pigs, our cheerful chucks and ducks and our sheepdogs Alfie and Madge.
We will also be serving takeaway food and drink in The Hive, from fresh coffee, cold drinks, breakfasts and more.
What Type of Sheep Do We Have?
Our sheep are nearly all Texels which are a particular breed of sheep which are quite hardy and have larger lambs.
The ewes can have one, two and sometimes three lambs in one go.
Sometimes, Farmer Percy has to help the mum to give birth but in the main our ewes are very good at having their lambs without any assistance.
In a few weeks’ time, the lambs will go out into the fields with mum once it gets a bit warmer.
Farmer Percy loves sharing his knowledge about his flock and about lambing time, which is one of the busiest times of year for him.
Top ten things to do at Humble Bee Farm in Springtime!
- Enjoy a spring time walk around our farm, we have three to choose from
- Youngsters can play inside Mini Bee’s Play Barn
- Bring or buy a football and play on our footie pitch
- Enjoy our swings, fireman’s pole and slide!
- Enjoy a peaceful time in our Reflection Garden
- Follow our interactive trail around Piggy Back Walk
- Visit our bird hide
- Collect a fresh egg laid by our hens
- Buy your very own Humble Bee Souvenir to keep forever
- See wildlife in our fields, including hares, curlew, birds of prey and more