St Kitts Apartment, Filey
St Kitts Apartment, Filey
St Kitts Holiday self-catering holiday apartment is perfect for a fabulous seaside holiday here in Yorkshire.
Just seconds from the beach, this six-berth ground floor apartment has three bedrooms, a family bathroom, a separate WC, well-equipped dining kitchen and a beautiful lounge. Wi-Fi is also available in this spacious self-catering accommodation.
Family-friendly Filey is the perfect peaceful holiday destination, with lots of free activities, glorious beach walks, donkey rides and ice creams. Remember to bring your bucket and spade for a traditional British seaside holiday. Rock pools, fossils and star fish are just some of the beach ‘treasure’ you can discover! Indulge in fish and chips a-plenty, along with pubs, restaurants and cafes offering tasty dishes to tickle the taste buds. Filey International Food Festivals take place at several times throughout the year at the Evron Centre and in the Glen Gardens.
Filey is also the perfect base from which to explore the Yorkshire Coast, with Whitby, Scarborough and Bridlington within easy driving distance. World-class attractions such as Castle Howard, The Deep and the North Yorkshire Moors Railway are also close by, along with Scarborough Castle, Alpamare, Peasholm Park and many other places.
For cyclists and enthusiastic walkers, the Yorkshire Wolds Cycle Route is close by, while two of England’s best National Trails – the Cleveland Way and the Yorkshire Wolds Way – are accessible from Filey. And being by the sea means there’s a host of wildlife to spot, including seabirds, dolphins and seals.
Click here for an online handy guide, full of useful information about your stay, accommodation and the local area!
With HDMI cable
Area & Seating
Families & Couples
4pm check in
10am check out
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, however it does aim to describe the main facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access for St Kitts Holiday Apartment
We are located at 2, The Beach, Filey.
St Kitts is a ground floor apartment including hallway, sep. w.c., fully equipped dining kitchen, lounge, family bathroom, twin bedroom, bunk bedroom, main bedroom (with double bed). Outside there is an enclosed rear yard.
Communal vestibule at the front, with a gravelled exterior approach.
For further details: phone 01723 890437 or email email@example.com
You will receive an email prior to arrival.
Filey can be accessed by the A1039 and the A165
Car Parking and Arrival
While there is no allocated parking, there is public parking opposite the front entrance.
From the pavement there is a footpath kerb = 9cm in height, followed by a step into the forecourted area = 9cm.
There is an additional step into the premises = 12cm.
Entrance door with is 73cm wide
Crossing the vestibule entrance to apartment is 73 cm wide
Inside the apartment
Bathroom door width = 75cm
Bath height = 56cm
Toilet height = 40cm
Washbasin height = 79cm
Shower entrance door = 40cm width
Corridor width 90cam at its widest point
Double bedroom door = 72cm width
Double bed height = 70cm
Bunk bedroom door = 71cm width
Bottom bunk height = 53cm
Sofa height = 57cm
Twin room door = 70cm
Twin bed height 63cm
Door width = 73cm
Door width = 64cm
Loo height = 42cm
Washbasin height = 79cm
Door = 72cm width
Dining table 75cm height
Seat heights = 48cm
Sofa height = 50cm
Work surface height = 92cm
Dining table 75cm height
Seat heights = 48cm
Step outside = 20cm height
Step inside = 18cm
Patio door width = 46cm
We will be pleased to help you with your luggage if required. Please contact us for more information.
St Kitts Holiday Apartment
C/O Humble Bee Farm
We are blessed with so many great local businesses in Filey and the surrounding area!
You could start your day with a walk along the Esplanade and enjoy the views.
Then once you’ve maybe enjoyed a donkey ride and some tasty fish and chips, you could then visit Filey Bird and Animal Garden, on the outskirts of Filey*.
Once you’ve finished there, how about heading back into town for a slice of delicious cake at one of the many tearooms in the town, many offering take out service.
If you fancied a change of scene, then Sally Middlewood Bakery is a few miles away on the A64 (heading towards York) offering delicious treats. And on the way back, why not pop into Trotters, who rear their own pork and sell other quality meat products, perfect for a home cooked meal in the evening.
And you can’t stay near the seaside without enjoying freshly cooked fish and chips. As well as the fisheries in Filey, there is also Seamer Fisheries in Seamer village, just off the A64 heading towards Scarborough.
With sparkling seas, rugged cliffs and miles of golden sands, Filey is one of the Yorkshire Coast jewels and attracts thousands of visitors year on year.
If you are staying at St Kitts Holiday Apartment, this amazing free spectacle is a hop, skip and a jump away!
Of course, as with all beaches around the UK, there are two tides within 24 hours and water at Filey does come right up to the seawall, so please take care.
Even in the winter, this spectacular stretch of golden sands has its appeal with vast blue skies and some invigorating sea breezes!
St Kitts Holidays Apartment is perfect for a seaside holiday!
Yet we often get asked these questions … so if you have a read, you’ll find out answers to your queries.
How many does the apartment sleep?
Up to six guests in three bedrooms. There is a family bathroom and separate toilet. The apartment also includes a spacious dining kitchen, lounge diner and an enclosed rear yard. Strictly non-smoking throughout the apartment.
What time is check in and check out?
Arrivals from 3pm, checkout is by 10am at the latest.
Is your apartment easy to access?
Our apartment is on the ground floor. There is a forecourt to the front of the property and some steps into the property. Once inside the property, there is a large foyer area and the front door to our apartment is opposite the main entrance.
Do you accept one night stays?
No, our minimum stay is two nights at certain times of year, and a seven night minimum stay during the peak season. We are open all year.
Do you accept dogs?
Yes (one pooch per stay; a pooch tariff applies).
Are Bedding and Towels provided?
Is there free WiFi?
How far is the beach?
The beach is literally across the road from the apartment. Dogs are not permitted on the main beaches from May to September. There are plenty of seaside strolls nearby and two National Trails – the Cleveland Way and the Yorkshire Wolds Way – can be accessed in Filey.
Where do I park?
There is on-street parking opposite the apartment, subject to availability.
Where is the nearest pub or cafe?
There are restaurants and cafes just a few minutes’ walk along the seafront. There are a selection of pubs in the town centre, about ten minutes’ walk away.
Can I get there by public transport?
Filey is serviced by the main A1039 and A165 roads and has a number of bus routes and a bus station. There is also Filey Railway Station which has a train service to Hull.
What is there to do in Filey?
As well as one of the best beaches in the UK, there is Filey Evron Centre; Filey Animal & Bird Garden; crazy golf and putting greens; lots of fabulous walks; Filey Museum; lovely places to eat; and the town hosts Food Festivals in June, August and October each year.
And what is there to do outside of Filey?
You really are spoilt for choice! Scarborough is a few miles north and includes the Open Air Theatre, Alpamare, Scarborough Castle, the Sealife Sanctuary, the Rotunda, the Art Gallery, Scarborough Maritime Heritage Centre, Peasholm Park and many more attractions.
You could also visit Whitby with its famous Abbey, Dracula Experience, Pannett Park, Captain Cook museum, the Whalebone Arch and lots more.
South of Filey there is Flamborough, Bempton, Bridlington and Hull.
If you fancied going inland you could visit Flamingoland, Castle Howard, the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Dalby Forest, the historic city of York and much more.
St Kitts, Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1) A payment of 50% must be forwarded to confirm booking, the remainder being due 6 weeks before start of holiday. If holiday is booked within 6 weeks of departure, full payment must be paid upon booking. In the event of non-payment of this balance, we reserve the right to cancel the holiday and no refund will be given.
2) If you are forced to cancel, please telephone immediately and confirm in writing within four days. We reserve the right to keep any monies paid as a cancellation fee. Should we re-let the property, we shall be happy to offer you an alternative date for your holiday.
3) If the property is not re-let you will be held liable to pay the full balance due on the property you have booked. You are advised to take out HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE to cover this eventuality.
4) In the event of a cancellation by us, our liability shall be limited to the return in full the monies paid.
5) The apartment may be occupied by no more than 6 adults & 2 babies in cots. This to be discussed at the time of booking. Charges apply for use of the futon and the sofa bed.
The number of persons including children occupying the accommodation shall not exceed the number of persons on the reservation form at the time of booking. Only the families/persons quoted when booking are allowed to stay at the property. No third parties are allowed to stay at the property and holidays booked are not transferable.
6) The owner is not liable to the guest, or members of the guest’s party for the loss or damage to any property belonging to any of them.
7) As the owner of the property, we reserve the right to gain access at any reasonable time during occupancy. As owners we shall not be responsible for the death or personal injury to a holidaymaker or loss, damage or accident to personal property.
8) In the event of misbehaviour or other necessary causes, the owner reserves the right to terminate the let without any refund of monies.
9) Only one well-behaved pet is allowed per property. Please note dog charge applies, the office must be informed and breed must be specified when booking. If permission is given you will need to bring a pet basket. Pets must be kept under proper control and are not allowed in bedrooms or on furniture and must not be left unattended in the property at any time. Holidaymakers are asked to remove all traces of pet occupation before leaving. Dogs must not foul the area. Any damages caused by the pet will be paid for by you, the guest. Any additional cleaning will also incur a charge.
10) The Proprietor or their representatives shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during occupancy for the purpose of emergency maintenance or repair or any other need.
11) Guests are responsible for the condition of the apartment and the furniture and fittings therein. Whilst accepting that the cottage is cleaned between ‘lets’, the guest shall leave the apartment in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. In the event of the apartment being left in an unsatisfactory state, then a charge will be made on top of the tariff to cover costs including cleaning, laundry and other costs incurred.
12) We ask that any breakages or faulty equipment be reported so that we may replace them. In the case of breakages, a replacement charge will be made.
13) Where you have special needs, such as extra linen, please specify upon booking and we shall endeavour to do our upmost to fulfil your needs. We may have to make a small charge.
14) Visitors should aim to arrive after 4pm and vacate the apartment by 10am on day of departure. We will contact you prior to arrival to discus arrival time for the tour of the apartment and access of keys.
Our aim is to make your stay a happy and memorable one. If there is anything we can do to make your holiday more relaxed or enjoyable please let us know.