Farmer Percy and the team are looking forward to sharing our lambing experience with you!
Our flock of ewes, are now half way through their pregnancy, ready for Lambing season this March! We are more than excited to welcome you back to see our flock’s spring newborns.
As the previous two years of lambing with Farmer Percy happened behind closed doors, get ready to bring your little ones to meet our little ones close up to all the action in the lambing barn!
Farmer Percy now has a New Zealand ram as part of his gang! This handsome fellow is called Brian, and he has a black face and ears, a stocky build and did take a few days to settle in.He will join three other Texel rams we have already. The three rams are called Tom, Dick and Harry!
We have two fantastic events running throughout March, so everyone can experience this amazing event! Our Lambing Weekends are open to guests who stay on our farm, and our Lambing Sundays are open to the public for visitors only. Both events include talks by Farmer Percy, a chance to visit the lambing shed and enjoy our lovely working farm. They take place each weekend in March, more details below!
Spring is also a gorgeous time to visit the farm with the daffodils in full flower, hares scampering across the fields, and signs of new life appearing everywhere around the farm.
Lambing Weekends With Farmer Percy! For Guests only!
Book your stay with us here at Humble Bee Farm for weekends throughout March (Fridays and Saturdays), and experience the wonder of seeing lambs making their very first entrance into the world at Humble Bee Farm.
This event is for residents staying on site only, is free of charge, and takes place every Saturday in March at 10am
Every Friday in March
- Arrive from 3pm, settle in (remember to bring warm clothing and footwear)
- Order your fire pit – not forgetting the marshmallows
- Relax and enjoy your first evening – our lambing barn is open for a quiet visit!
Every Saturday in March
- Introduction and welcome at 10am, in the Lambing Barn
- See if there have been any new arrivals overnight
- Farmer Percy will start his demo
- Pop into our shop for souvenirs, refreshments at The Hive Cafe Bar and information on the local area!
Every Sunday in March
- Get ready for leaving by 10am, but pop over to the barn to see who’s arrived
- Say farewell to the farmyard gang and any new friends you have made
Please note pregnant women are not advised to visit the lambing barn.
Lambing Sundays With Farmer Percy – OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Every Sunday in March – choose from an 11am or 1pm time slot
£20 per family pass for up to 2 adults 3 children
Your family ticket will include:
- Access to the petting corner
- Meeting & feeding a lamb
- Meeting Farmer Percy
- A talk about lambing and a Q&A session
- Sheep quiz and trail
- The Hive Café/Bar will be open serving warming drinks and lite bites!
- Competition to win a stay at the place to bee!
- Meet the farm yard gang
- Enjoy the sports field
- Take photos in the photo booth
- Say hello to the sheep dogs, Alfie & Madge!
Pregnant women not advised to enter the lambing area.
Dogs are unfortunately not allowed to this event.
Tickets are non-refunable.