If you’ve booked to stay with us here at Humble Bee Farm, here is a list of 20 things you can enjoy during your glamping staycation!
Our list can be completed in one stay or you might want to save some of them for another visit in the future!
- Book a walk with our Shetland Pony! Tilly is our sturdy equine farmyard gang member and has her own paddock and shelter. Tilly loves apples to munch on and guests can groom her at any time.
- Collect some conkers! We have our own horse chestnut tree near our chicken run and there are some lovely shiny conkers to collect every autumn!
- See some rosehips! These bright scarlet berries appear every autumn in our hedgerows. While humans should avoid eating them, the birdlife on our farm enjoy these rosy treats.
Meeting the Farmyard Gang!
- Go for a walk … or three! Our farm walks are all located around the fields of our farm. They vary from a half hour stroll to an hour’s ramble.
- Scratch the heads of our pigs! We have several resident pigs here at Humble Bee Farm, and they all love a head scratch!
- Feed our ducks! Here at Humble Bee, we have a number of ducks that waddle around all day and they always try to look busy! They love duck food so feel free to bring some with you, but avoid feeding them bread as this isn’t good for them.
- See Farmer Percy on his rounds! Farmer Percy does his morning rounds at around 9am each day. See him feed the chickens and the other animals around the farmyard.
See What Else We Have to Offer!
- Hire our Beach Hut! You can hire our fabulous beach hut which overlooks Scarborough’s stunning North Bay. The hut is bookable subject to availability and a tariff may apply.
- Hire our BBQ Hut! Ideal now the chilly weather is here! Our BBQ hut can be hired for an additional fee if you’re staying with us.
- Play a game of football! Our football pitch is near the bottom of the site so there’s plenty of space to have a kick around.
From Playtime to Retail Therapy …
- Enjoy our play area! We’ve got a small play area that includes swings and a slide. Great for letting the kids blow off some steam!
- Visit our Reflection Garden! Our brand-new Reflection Garden is near completion at the time of writing. This special place includes restful plants, shrubs, flowers, giant chairs, a wooden owl and lots more, a perfect place for gathering your thoughts.
- Visit our Shop! Our recently expanded shop includes some amazing retail therapy. You can buy your very own Humble Bee Farm bobble hat, handmade keepsakes, cuddly toys, colouring books, model tractors and so much more! We also stock our own honey from our hives. Then at busy times, you can purchase bread, eggs, milk, butter and other essentials.
- Visit The Hive! Our new café bar opened in May 2021 and offers a take away service for draft beers, chilled wines, spirits, barista coffee, light snacks, pizzas and burgers. Open at selected times.
From the Seaside to Stargazing …
- Brush up on your map reading skills! Call into our shop and see our wall mounted map so you can get your bearings. We are close to Filey, Scarborough and Bridlington.
- Take a seaside trip! As well as hiring our Beach Hut, why not visit the seaside? We have the coastal resorts nearby as well as hidden gems such as Cayton Bay, and Hunmanby Gap.
- Order your firepit! Stock up on your marshmallows and firewood in our shop and light your firebowl during your stay.
- Sit back and stargaze! Here at Humble Bee Farm, we are well away from light pollution. This means the sky at night can be spectacular if the clouds stay away.
Melting Marshmallows …
- Get in the mood for the Moors! We are close to the North York Moors National Park, Dalby Forest and the Hole of Horcum with excellent walking, running and cycling routes.
- Tick off a National Trail! The Wolds Way National Trail is one of the most beautiful National Trails. A small section of it runs close to Humble Bee Farm offering the most amazing views.
Maybe you can tick off all twenty of these fun things to do during your stay! Or, if you just wanted to totally relax and do nothing, then you can always come back again to start or complete these fun activities.