I have an upcoming booking, what do I need to know?
Dear Humble Bee Guests,
We hope you are all keeping well and staying safe.
After last nights announcement of another national lockdown, Humble Bee Farm will be unfortunately closed until at least the 15th February.
Any bookings due up to the 15th February will be put on hold for up to 2 years, so that you can chose some new dates. In line with our covid19 booking guarantee policy.
At present, we are asking any bookings after this date to wait until we hear more from the government about the lockdown being lifted.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation during these difficult times, as a small family run business we really appreciate your continued custom.
Team Humble Bee
Email enquiries are preferred, and please advise you preferred new dates if you have any in mind. Thank you – firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply to emails and phone calls as soon as we possibly can.
Please note check in is 3pm for glamping/camping and 4pm for cottages when we reopen again.
On arrival, please scan the QR code for Humble Bee Farm using your NHS track and trace app. You can find the codes in the accommodation and also displayed around the site.
You can view our Welcome Folders Below, for useful information prior to your stay! These are PDF documents that you can download to your phone.
Will extras still be provided?
Yes, all extras are available. Including our brand new festive package!
How can I order fire pits and stove packs?
To order fire pits or stove packs, you can either preorder on 01723 890437 or order in reception on site. We are open 9-5pm daily. We do not allow customers to bring their own fire pit/stove pack/hot tub timber.
Can I still come on holiday in a group?
We will update this accordingly once we reopen with new guidance.
Are there any events running on site?
The next scheduled event is Lambing and Calving which is due to take place in March 2021 which is now bookable online.
Is your office/reception open?
We will re-open the office to the public from 2nd December 2020. However we are answering phone calls and emails daily Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
What happens if I fall ill on site while staying at Humble Bee Farm in the future?
If you or a member of your family or families shows symptoms of Covid-19 (new persistent cough; high temperature; loss of sense of taste and smell; sore throat) then report this to a member of staff immediately.
The management reserves the right to ask the family or families to leave with immediate effect.
We have guests’ contact details securely stored on our booking system, however additional details maybe be required as we will are required inform the Public Health Authority if a member of staff or one of our guests reports symptoms.
From what we understand, we will then be advised as to the precautions and actions we need to take in these circumstances.
If you are traveling alone, then the team at Humble Bee Farm will do their best to ensure you are able to return safely or are advised as to the nearest hospital.
Any monies outstanding/owed for extra accommodation will be payable.
We also have the QR code system in place for the health and safety of our guests.
Our coronavirus booking guarantee for new bookings!
- For glamping and camping a low deposit of just 30% to secure your booking.
- For cottages a low deposit of £100 to secure your booking.
- Glamping booking balances will not be due until 2 weeks before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance.
- Cottage booking balances will not be due until 4 weeks prior to your holiday incase of late changes to Coronavirus guidance.
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 24 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions. 48 hours notice applies for glamping and 3 weeks notice for cottages.
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered, however you can reschedule/postpone your booking. We are set to look at this again in the autumn.
Our health and safety guarantee.
In a time like no other we know that your health is a top priority. This is why we have introduced the Health & Safety Guarantee to give you the peace of mind you deserve while on holiday with friends and family.
- Contactless arrival and departure
- 6 metres between each cabin, at least (door to door)
- Cabin deep clean between every visit
- Dartex waterproof mattress covers are disinfected between visits
- Indoor and outdoor area cleaned and disinfected
- Physical distancing reminders around site
- Hand gel points around site
- Communal facilities will be subject to social distancing measures.
- Please note the play area is currently CLOSED until further notice. We have a football field which can be used by guests (children must be accompanied).
Is it safe to go glamping while Coronavirus is still in the UK?
There’s no doubt that camping and glamping are fantastic for finding space and being outdoors, making it an attractive way to go on holiday whilst practicing social distancing. The Humble Bee team work hard to ensure that, where any facilities are shared, everything possible is done to keep guests safe. Ultimately, all guests should follow the government’s guidance in deciding whether it is safe for them and determining how best to practice social distancing.
Please note, if your booking amendments do not comply with the above, a £10 admin charge will apply per unit.
This CoronaVirus blog was last updated on 11th January 2021. The coronavirus booking guarantee was created on 21st May 2020 and the coronavirus booking guarantee policy will be reassessed in April 2021, subject to Government advice.