Ten Reasons to Stay in Humble Bee Farm’s Nomadic Yurts in Yorkshire
We’ve come up with ten reasons to stay in Humble Bee Farm’s glamping Nomadic Yurts for your holiday near the Yorkshire Coast.
Humble Bee’s circular ‘glamorous camping’ Nomadic Yurts are circular, spacious and are now refurbished, too.
Our top ten reasons include:
- Our Farmyard Experience is perfect for the whole family … join Farmer Percy on his rounds at selected times. Or explore the farm as a family at your own pace, visiting our hens, guinea pigs, Tilly the Shetland pony, pigs, our donkeys Jessica and Daisy and our ducks.
- Nomadic Yurts give you the camping experience … without the hassle! You can sleep under the stars with that touch of luxury.
- We have three farm walks … From a short half hour stroll to a longer wander. All our farm walks are circular and have amazing views and lots of wildlife.
- Visit our onsite shop and The Hive … buy a souvenir, a cooling ice cream or a freshly ground barista coffee! The Hive is open selected times.
- We have just four Nomadic Yurts … so our site is fairly small and peaceful.
- Good facilities are onsite including … two shower and toilet blocks.
- Visit our Reflection Garden … suitable for some peaceful thinking between adventures.
- A children’s play area and football field … is tucked away at the bottom of our site, away from the main glamping area.
- If it rains, don’t worry … we have the Mini Bees Play Barn suitable for children under 7 years with an indoor seating area.
- They have a lockable door … each yurt has a solid timber door with a secure lock. Each yurt has windows and an outdoor kitchen area. Our yurts has its own outdoor picnic table, too.
Our yurts are located in our family-run, working farm.
Our peaceful, rural farm is five miles from Filey and about eight miles from Scarborough.
Stay onsite and explore our farm or visit the many attractions nearby.
With two bathroom blocks including toilet and showers, stay with us during the summer and you can even pre-order pizzas!*
Where our yurts are located.
Humble Bee Farm’s yurts nestle in the heart of our mixed arable and stock farm.
Humble Bee is in a peaceful valley. Our cows and sheep graze in the fields.
Based on a traditional circular nomadic design, our circular tents have actually been made in Yorkshire and measure 5 metres in diameter.
This gives plenty of room for up to 2 adults and 2 children per unit.
What is provided in each Yurt?
Each yurt includes the following:
· Sparkling fairy lights
· A stargazer window
· Comfy double bed including bedding (no towels)
· Access to new wood-burner stove
· Two futons (no bedding or towels provided)
· Heating, lighting, electricity
· Coffee table
· Toaster, kettle, fridge, microwave
· Outdoor kitchen area including bbq
· Access to an outdoor firepit
New for 2022
Brand new colourful soft furnishings, including bedding, cushions and throws.
Table lamps, a brand new double bed for each yurt, new carpets, and new shelters for the outdoor cooking area.
Yurts have easy access to our shared facilities, including newly-decorated ladies toilets and showers, gents facilities, accessible family shower and toilet and a wash up area.
We have additional facilities near The Hive including two toilets and three showers.
Frequently Asked Questions
We often get asked the following questions, so please read through these to find out more about our Nomadic Yurts!
Are They Warm Enough? Our nomadic yurts open from spring to autumn and are closed during the coldest time of the year.
They include a heater, a stove (stove packs provided by Humble Bee only at £12 per pack).
How Many Do They Sleep? Up to a family of four (two adults, two children).
Are Dogs Allowed in the Yurts? Sorry we don’t allow dogs in the yurts.
What do We Need to Bring with Us? You will need to bring all crockery, cutlery, glassware, food, drink, toiletries, bedding for the futons, all washing up items including bowl, and all towels.
What Facilities do You Have Onsite? As well as our two shower and toilet blocks, we have a children’s play area, Mini Bee’s indoor play barn, Reflection Garden, football field, and three farm walks.
We also have our onsite shop, The Hive takeaway café bar, our bbq hut (available to hire subject to availability), duck pond, chicken run and of course our farmyard gang.
Our farmyard gang include Tilly the Shetland pony, our pigs, sheep, cows, donkeys, our farm dogs and we also have two farm cats.
Are any events taking place at the Farm?
We have a list of our onsite event here: https://humblebeefarm.co.uk/our-events/
These include Nature Events, Easter, Halloween and Bonfire Night.
Some ticket prices apply.
What is there to do in the area?
We are close to Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington.
Discover more here: https://humblebeefarm.co.uk/our-events/things-to-do/